Leader company specialized in the sale of products for building, remodeling, equipping, house decor and garden, with branches in Chile, Argentina and Colombia.
The customer’s e-commerce platform had insufficiently flexible delivery options, with rules which did not consider their own logistic capabilities, nor the customer`s needs. This directly impacted on the service quality, creating limitations in product selection an affecting the amount of sales that took place in this channel.
Baufest developed a decisions engine that offers recommendations for deliveries or pick-up of products in the shopping cart. The system takes into consideration a set of rules such as geo-localization, selected products, their attributes, stock information, characteristics of the distribution centers, preferences or product delivery selection, among others, thus improving the customer’s experience.
• Flexibilization when searching for products and shopping cart selection.
• Better organization concerning stock control in the distribution centers.
• Optimization of delivery costs and transfers between distribution centers.
• More pick up/delivery options for the customers and considering their specific needs (including own distribution centers and commercial allies).
• Better planning of picking and delivery capabilities of each distribution center.
• Better buying experience for the customer.